GTAinside.com - Grand Theft Auto Mods, Addons, Cars, Maps, Skins and more.

Go Back   GTAinside.com Foren > GTA V > Allgemein

Old 18.01.2019, 01:26   #1
liny195

Joe Thomas does not see Austin Corbett

as a future LT When the Cleveland Browns drafted offensive lineman Austin Corbett with the first pick of the second round this year Authentic Briean Boddy-Calhoun Jersey , it was assumed that Corbett would instantly be placed in the competition for the vacant left tackle position. But the man who held the job for the last 11 seasons doesn’t see it that way.Joe Thomas, who retired in the offseason after spending his entire career in Cleveland, said to NFL.com’s Nick Shook this week that, “I don’t think Austin Corbett is going to play tackle in the NFL. I got to spend all of spring there watching film and practicing and coaching him up and he’s certainly a guard or a center.”That doesn’t mean Thomas thinks Corbett doesn’t have a role to play, either this year or eventually. Rather, he believes that left guard Joel Bitonio has the best shot to serve as Cleveland’s left tackle this season, with Corbett or Spencer Drango then moved to guard.Thomas cited Corbett’s physical frame as a main reason why tackle doesn’t appear to be the right position. “Austin, God bless him, is not a tackle. He does not have the speed that you need to be able to block edge rushers... I think he’s very well-suited for guard, for center, but he’s not really tall or lanky. He’s not a basketball player. I think typically you want your tackles to be kind of former basketball players,” said Thomas. Shook and Thomas didn’t discuss Shon Coleman Youth Joe Schobert Jersey , but he too should be one of the options the Browns explore at left tackle during the course of training camp and the preseason.Thomas, meanwhile, isn’t looking much like an offensive tackle himself these days. He told Shook that “I was more eager to lose weight than almost anything in retirement,” and has dropped 50 pounds thus far. His secret? “You just don’t eat until you feel like you’re gonna throw up at every meal and all of a sudden the weight falls right off.” Last year, former Browns coach Hue Jackson won a power struggle with former V.P. of football operations Sashi Brown, presumably by appealing directly to owner Jimmy Haslam. This year, Jackson tried to win a power struggle with G.M. John Dorsey, definitely by appealing directly to Haslam.In an post-termination interview with Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, Jackson admitted that he went to Haslam to try to take back control of the offense from now-former offensive coordinator Todd Haley.Asked whether Jackson took his case for taking back the offense to ownership, Jackson said this:聽“I had a very candid conversation with Jimmy Haslam as I’ve known Jimmy longer than I’ve know John, and I think Jimmy knows what I’ve expressed and how I felt and how I would have liked to have gone out.”Regardless of how long Jackson has known Jimmy vs. John, cutting John out of the process when it comes to reversing the decision to insert an offensive coordinator in 2018 — a decision that had John’s fingerprints all over it — was destined to be perceived as an attempt to undermine the G.M. With a 3-36-1 record in two-plus seasons http://www.brownsauthorizedshops.com...randall-jersey , Jackson simply didn’t have the juice to win a power struggle with Dorsey, who has received nothing but praise for what he has done so far in Cleveland.Regardless, it’s clear that Jackson believed he could have done better with the offense than Haley had been doing.“You look at our numbers with me calling the offense with less talent,” Jackson said. “Our numbers this year were the same or worse than our numbers last year with better players on offense. So it was already tough for me to give up play calling when I knew more talent was on the way with John Dorsey on board.Of course I wanted to remind everybody what a Hue Jackson-led offense looks like, but I felt they wanted me to focus on coaching the whole team and let someone else call the plays.”Although Jackson insisted that he hired Haley, Jackson acknowledged that the hiring of a coordinator came at the suggestion of Dorsey. Which possibly went something like this: “Well, Hue, either you’ll be hiring an offensive coordinator, or I’ll be hiring a coach.”Now, Dorsey will be hiring a coach. Hue’s comments in the aftermath of his firing serve only to underscore the reality that Dorsey should have been hiring a coach 10 months ago. cheap football jerseys
liny195 is offline   Reply With Quote