GTAinside.com - Grand Theft Auto Mods, Addons, Cars, Maps, Skins and more.
Old 11.02.2017, 14:23   #1
Pinkie

language and stolen stuff?

Hello.
I was just wondering since this seems to be a mostly German site, and I post mods here too do any of the staff speak English?

Its just I reported a re-upload of one of my mods, days have passed and I have heard nothing, I Figured I would get either a yes, we will take care of it, or a No we think this upload is ok.
I did not expect to just hear nothing back at all?

Now I just assumed I sent a message to some none English speaking staff? Imagine checking your email and getting a foreign report. I wouldn't know what to do.. Id probly just try to use google translate.

Anyway what do you think, Is this justified?
My Walton mod (under the name Maxiehack)
http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandre...lton-stepside/

And a re-upload on .. the same page. The only changes being the name was changed to something more generic, 'Updated Walton' and the R had been changed to a 4 in the txt file... The entire mod was uploaded to change a single letter in the handling line? really?
http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandre...pdated-walton/

Anyway, I don't really know what else to do? I've kinda been holding off uploading anything till I see what happens here. I like leaving my mods unlocked and such so people can.. Mod them or look at how they are badly cobbled together.
I'm just kinda irritated at how my name and all has been not even mentioned in a re-upload on the same page... It even uses the same freakin screenshot o.o

Anybody got any advice or should I just kinda ignore this as something that is unchangeable?

Thanks for the time.
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11.02.2017, 15:41   #2
Dönerboy
#Hodor

Send a message via ICQ to Dönerboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
Hello.
I was just wondering since this seems to be a mostly German site, and I post mods here too do any of the staff speak English?
Yes, definitely.

Quote:
Its just I reported a re-upload of one of my mods, days have passed and I have heard nothing, I Figured I would get either a yes, we will take care of it, or a No we think this upload is ok.
I did not expect to just hear nothing back at all?
The problem is that the mainsite admin is not very active here. Neither in the Forum or on the mainpage. We had several discussion about it but he never said anything to anyone here, so nobody knows whats going on. I don't belong to the staff, so I think some of them will answer you here too, but nobody except this very special admin got the permission to do anything on the mainpage.

BTT:
We got a subforum right here with this thread. This is the mainthread for reporting stolen mods. As you can see there some before you also reported stolen mods. Nothing happend since page 40, post #595 (16.Dec.2014)

Quote:
Anybody got any advice or should I just kinda ignore this as something that is unchangeable?
Tbh? I don't think anything will happen
Dönerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11.02.2017, 17:41   #3
Pinkie

Ok, I posted and I guess I will leave it at that.

Thnak you for the clear and quick answer there :P I guess the people who aprove mods are not the same as the ones incharge of removing then? Mods usually get added pretty quickly.
Old 11.02.2017, 21:09   #4
Dönerboy
#Hodor

Quote:
I guess the people who aprove mods are not the same as the ones incharge of removing then? Mods usually get added pretty quickly.
I'm not quite sure and dont want to lie to you, but as far as i know its an automated process which involves no human interaction. But as I mentioned I'm not sure about this.
Old 13.02.2017, 03:07   #5
-Anti-
DS

Send a message via ICQ to -Anti-
Quote:
I guess the people who aprove mods are not the same as the ones incharge of removing then? Mods usually get added pretty quickly.
I'm pretty sure Alex is the only one involved in the main page. But then again we haven't heard from him for the better part of a year so no one knows...

btw: I've seen your cars on gtaforums. Really nice work.
I dig that Stepside Walton but the cursive tilted writing on the tailgate is really bugging me. Imo you should make it look more like the real Chevy trucks.

basically like the Bocat.

@Dönerboy: I'm pretty sure the mods still need to be approved manually. Maybe you should try uploading a dick pic to see what happens...
Old 13.02.2017, 16:12   #6
Dönerboy
#Hodor

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Anti- View Post
Maybe you should try uploading a dick pic to see what happens...
The page can't handle this, the file would be too large
Old 13.02.2017, 21:19   #7
Pinkie

Eh, well the tilted writing was just to make it diffrent.
Also did little tweeks I dident talk about, such as moving the engine to a longitudinal position, The walton having a transverse engine just seemd.. weird.. But then again the ambulance, and I think the journey, and the bobcat, all have that too... weird.

Ok sometime I may redo the rear logo, Im glad someone likes that kinda stuff.. I started taking requests at another fourms and it ws just 'VW golf' 'toyota supra' Just kinda... eyeroll again, Happend for other games too, I eventully stoped doing requests for carmageddon because I never got any cars I liked it was all modern ricer, german hatches, etc. supercars bizar race stuff.

But ya, junklist
http://gtaforums.com/topic/881195-pink-junk-n-stuff/

Ill go make ya a correct logo one at some point, Maybe ill even try make it like an SA styled chevrolet, could be fun tho I tend to randomly brake cars.. Also I'm a stuborn childish buttweed, Means I probly wont upload anything here while a re-upload of my stuff exists, And just bugs me that it was uploaded jsut to turn it back to 4wd that dosent even make too much sense.. but, Not even a screenshot?

Ok rant over.
Ill see what I can do with the logo... Also probly needs a smaller rear window.
Old 14.02.2017, 02:08   #8
-Anti-
DS

Quote:
Eh, well the tilted writing was just to make it diffrent.
And it definitely looks different. I'd even go that far to say that it looks kinda good but still it looks totally strange to me since basically all Pickups have the maker name in bold, uppercase, embossed letters on the tailgate.

These RWD transverse engine impracticalities always bugged me. The Sadler also has it. Nice that you pay so much attention to detail.

Quote:
Im glad someone likes that kinda stuff.. I started taking requests at another fourms and it ws just 'VW golf' 'toyota supra' Just kinda... eyeroll again, Happend for other games too, I eventully stoped doing requests for carmageddon because I never got any cars I liked it was all modern ricer, german hatches, etc. supercars bizar race stuff.
I always prefered the older cars and trucks and the Walton is one of my favorite GTA cars. Actually I'm also playing around with it atm trying to to model it into something similar to a GMC 450/550.

Like I said; I've seen your topic on gtaforums - the Toyota Supra request made me laugh.

Not uploading the mods sounds like a good idea. It creates pressure - that is if Alex notices....
Anyways I also just reported the mod on the mainpage and linked to this thread.

//: The rear window is maybe a little too big but whats more important are rounded edges I think.
Old 15.02.2017, 19:07   #9
Pinkie

Story time.
Ya know a while ago I was driving along and I came to some lights, infront of me was a ford F100, the text on the rear was a kinda like the old style ford font but it text was not totally horizontal. So.. there I guess?
Kinda like this.

also tried making a later 3100. alterd stuff. Looks weird I think.
Old 16.02.2017, 01:28   #10
-Anti-
DS

Interesting, I didn't remember that. You are right then.

Seems like Ford had it that way till the first gen F-Series.

The 3100 looks good. When I tried something like that I didn't like the result. Did you also use the frame of the Glendale grill?
I really like the rear fenders but I wouldn't extend the running board over the cab and would make it in body color.