GTAinside.com - Grand Theft Auto Mods, Addons, Cars, Maps, Skins and more.
Old 04.11.2015, 04:29   #1
modeeper

Who owns a skin?

Let's take DoA for example .. The player skins are, in my opinion, the best ever produced. "Produced by Tecmo and developed by Team Ninja" They are the owners. They own the rights. Of all the riggers we have uploading game skins converted to GTA, are ... what? What are they, owners, riggers, skinners, thieves?

I lived in Japan for 2 years. The number of Japanese I met who were anywhere literate in English amounted to about three. I can't imagine someone wanting to rip one of their girls and convert it to GTA or any other game, would write Tecmo an email asking for permission and getting it. Let's assume all riggers are thieves.

Our uploading members, in general, just love to claim ownership of their skins. Me, a lowly skinner, have nowhere near the status of the rigger (the thief) and still obliged to give credit to whomever rigged it, never to Tecmo, Eidos, or EA, or any existing game producer. .

Then, in case you haven't noticed, in a clickbox on the left side of the uploads page, it says .. report a stolen mod. Jeez, if I were the real owner of a character being stolen and converted, I'd be a busy man. I'd be in therapy over that mouse clicking forefinger.

modeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07.11.2015, 13:16   #2
Chezy
Damn son, where'd you find this?

Send a message via ICQ to Chezy Send a message via Skype™ to Chezy
Yeah, the same goes for all those cars being converted from Need For Speed, Forza, and so on... But I think, the thing is, those game publishers have more important things to care about and all those cars and skins being converted to GTA do not affect the sales of the original game at all. Still, if those skins and cars would be responsible for lower sales of any of those games, I bet that the companies would show up in no time and sue the hell out of GTAinside (or at least take all the mods down).

As for me, whenever I rig a car out of a game, I always try to mention the author. I usually do some research beforehand and try to find out the actual guy who modeled the car for the game (instead of just naming the game company). Most of the times, this is rather difficult, but one time I actually found out who the author of the American LaFrance firetruck was that I converted. I know that mentioning those things will probably neither help the guy nor the company, but I would feel bad if I'd just claim the model as my own work, as all those riggers do that you've mentioned.
Old 08.11.2015, 20:21   #3
modeeper

Maybe the game producers get a benefit from the conversions. I have an idea the riggers like, Diego, Ken et al must profit from it. Damn, I've done a lot of free promos.

Face it, rigging takes more know how than reskinning. Still doesn't mean the rights belong to the rigger. After 4 years of uploading I've never had a complaint, except a guy named negi who reported a stolen skin, of which I know for sure wasn't his rig. He stole it and called it his, and continues to do so.

Bottom line is, it's all for fun, and it comes to you for free
modeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13.12.2018, 07:15   #4
AlicDerrin

GTA voice city is my one the favorite game and in which game I chose a soldier who owns a white skin. And in this game there is the best essay writing company work and I love their work on this game and creativity.
AlicDerrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24.12.2018, 07:43   #5
Kir

I think that the best masters of the script work for the GTA series games. I like to play games with open world concept. If I ever run out of fantasy on my antics, I get one-to-one writing help from ThePensters.com.
Kir is offline   Reply With Quote