PDA

View Full Version : ted for assignment.

liny195
03.09.2018, 08:09
Andrew Luck could feel the pressure building as he prepared for his first game action with Indianapolis since the final week of the 2016 season.

When he let go of trying to contain his excitement Jalen Reeves-Maybin Jersey (http://www.lionscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-jalen-reeves-maybin-jersey) , the pressure was released.

"I really enjoyed it. I didn't quite know I'd have this much fun getting practice again. I didn't know I'd have this much fun even playing football," Luck said. "It's a preseason game, I'm not going to blow anything out of proportion, but it's still a game, a chance to go up against another color jersey. It was a fun step along the way."

Luck was back under center, leading Indianapolis on a pair of field-goal drives in just over a quarter in the Colts' 19-17 victory over the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday night.

The reintroduction of Luck as the Colts' leader started with a 17-yard swing pass to Marlon Mack on the first play. It concluded early in the second quarter when his pass intended for T.Y. Hilton was broken up. In between, Luck was bear-hugged by Seattle All-Pro linebacker Bobby Wagner on a scramble run, sacked by Rasheem Green, and also showed flashes his surgically repaired right shoulder is ready to allow him to again be a premier quarterback.

Luck completed 6 of 9 passes for 64 yards, most of that coming on the opening drive when he hit 5 of 7. Luck completed passes to five receivers and threw from a clean pocket on most of his dropbacks, even with starting left tackle Anthony Castonzo not playing.

It had been nearly 600 days since Luck was last on the field, when he threw for 321 yards in a 24-20 win over Jacksonville on Jan. 1, 2017. For one night, Luck looked like his pre-surgery form.

"He just kept saying how excited he was and right before he went out he said 'There's a lot of emotions right now let's see if I can control them Dre Kirkpatrick Jersey (http://www.bengalscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-dre-kirkpatrick-jersey) ,'" Indianapolis coach Frank Reich said. "It was almost like he was saying, 'I'm going to need to control how I'm feeling, because I'm pretty jacked up.' And he came out in the first drive and handled it like we expected."

Adam Vinatieri made field goals of 33, 51 and 45 yards in the first half, and Michael Badgley's 34-yarder late in the third quarter gave Indianapolis a 12-10 lead. Phillip Walker added a 10-yard TD pass to Darrell Daniels early in the fourth quarter.

Luck's counterpart from the 2012 draft, Russell Wilson, played one series for Seattle. Wilson was 4 of 5 for 43 yards and capped his only drive with a 5-yard touchdown pass to tight end Nick Vannett. It was Wilson's first action playing in the offense of new coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, which will be heavily tilted toward the run. Second-year running back Chris Carson averaged 6.5 yards per carry in limited action.

Seattle's defense scored with 3:15 left when an errant snap was recovered by Joey Ivie for a touchdown.

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Three Seattle players ran into the team's locker room prior to the national anthem.

Defensive linemen Branden Jackson and Quinton Jefferson, and offensive lineman Duane Brown left the field following team introductions and before the start of the anthem. They returned to the sideline immediately after it concluded. All three were among a group of Seattle players that sat during the anthem last season.

Brown and Jefferson said they intend to continue the action all season.

"The team was aware of everyone's emotions and feelings going forward and we're all supportive of each other," Brown said.

There were no other actions by either Seattle or Indianapolis players during the performance of the anthem.

EJECTION

Indianapolis safety Shamarko Thomas was ejected late in the fourth quarter after a helmet-to-helmet hit on Seattle wide receiver David Moore.

SHAQUEM'S DEBUT

Seattle rookie linebacker Shaquem Griffin was all over the field in his debut. Griffin led Seattle with nine tackles, flashing the speed that made him a star in college. But he was also bullied on one play when Indianapolis tight end Jack Doyle used his size to create separation from Griffin on contact and made a 9-yard reception from Luck.

"It felt good to kind of get out there and get your feet wet and kind of get some hits in," Griffin said. "I know the way the league works you don't really get a chance to really tackle too much so to kind of get out there and get a few tackles in."

INJURY REPORT

The most significant injury was Mack leaving late in the first quarter with a hamstring issue. Mack had four carries and two receptions in the first quarter. He wasn't likely to get much more action, but is still a concern going forward. Indianapolis coach Frank Reich didn't have any more of an update postgame.

Seattle backup offensive tackle Isaiah Battle limped off the field with a sprained knee in the third quarter, but Seattle coach Pete Carroll said it didn't appear severe. Battle had been gaining on Germain Ifedi for the starting right tackle spot. Rookie tackle Jamarco Jones also had to be carted off in the fourth quarter after injuring his left ankle. Carroll said X-rays were negative but it was a significant sprain.

Indianapolis also lost wide receivers James Wright and Deon Cain to knee injuries during the game.

NEXT UP

Colts: Indianapolis returns home to host Baltimore on Aug. 20.

Seahawks: Seattle will travel to the Los Angeles Chargers on Aug. 18.

— Ryan Carpenter turns 28 years old next week. The Detroit Tigers pitcher gave himself a nice early birthday gift on Saturday night: his first major league win.

Mikie Mahtook hit a tiebreaking three-run homer in the fifth inning Vontae Davis Jersey (http://www.billscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-vontae-davis-jersey) , Carpenter pitched into the sixth inning and the Tigers beat the Minnesota Twins 7-5.

“This is something I’ve worked my whole life for and I definitely don’t want it to be the last,” said Carpenter, who made four starts earlier this season but had been out since May 31 with a strained right oblique. “I spent almost two months down in Florida rehabbing. It’s kind of a long, hard process but I always told myself I’d get through it and I’d come back up here and get my first win.”

Joe Mauer, Tyler Austin, Miguel Sano and Mitch Garver homered for the Twins, who had won four straight.

The Twins had Carpenter (1-1) on the ropes early, as their first three batters reached base. But he wiggled out of trouble.

“He changed speeds and moved it around,” Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire said. “I thought they were going to be on him a little bit and he made some adjustments.”

Mauer led off the game with a home run, Eddie Rosario followed with a single, and Jorge Polanco’s double put runners on second and third with nobody out. But Carpenter fanned Sano, got Logan Forsythe on a lineout to third, and retired Max Kepler on fly ball to get out of the inning.

Austin hit a solo shot in the second inning and Sano followed suit in the third, but that was all the Twins could manage off Carpenter Carlos Henderson Jersey (http://www.broncoscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-carlos-henderson-jersey) , who walked none and struck out three in 5 1/3 innings. Four relievers combined to close it out, with Shane Greene picking up the last four outs for his 26th save in 29 chances.

Mahtook’s homer was his second of the year and came off reliever Tyler Duffey (1-2). Niko Goodrum was hit by a pitch leading off the fifth and Victor Martinez hit a grounder to first base. Mauer threw to second for the force and Goodrum initially was called out. But the call was overturned by a video review, and Mahtook followed with a no-doubt line drive deep into the left-field seats.

Twins starter Kohl Stewart, the fourth pick in the 2013 draft, made his first appearance at Target Field after debuting Aug. 12 in Detroit. He walked four in just 2 2/3 innings and the Tigers chased him with a three-run third inning.

He was a pitch away from getting out of the inning unscathed, but with the bases loaded and two outs he hit Mahtook with a 1-2 fastball to score the Tigers’ first run. Ronny Rodriguez followed with a two-run double and Stewart’s night was done.

“It’s just frustrating, you know? I had Mahtook 0-2 there, and could have gotten out of that inning — as bad as it was — if I execute that one pitch,” Stewart said. “That’s the kind of (stuff) that keeps you up at night.”

TWINS HONOR MORRIS

The Twins officially honored Jack Morris for his induction to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in a pregame ceremony on Saturday. A video replay of Morris’ speech at last month’s induction ceremony in Cooperstown, New York was shown on the scoreboard before Morris addressed the crowd.

The St. Paul, Minnesota native only pitched one season for the Twins, but it was a memorable one. In 1991 he won 18 games to lead the Twins to the postseason, then threw 10 scoreless innings in Game 7 of the World Series. Morris was joined at the podium by two other hometown Hall of Famers, Twins manager Paul Molitor and outfielder Dave Winfield Brandin Cooks Jersey (http://www.ramscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-brandin-cooks-jersey) , each of whom got his 3,000th career hit in a Twins uniform.

MINNESOTA MOVES

Molitor said it was “fairly likely” that Stewart would start his next turn in the rotation, which would be Thursday against the Athletics.

UP NEXT

Tigers: RHP Jacob Turner (0-1, 45.00 ERA) will be recalled from Triple-A Toledo to start Sunday’s series finale against the Twins. Turner, playing for his fifth team in his seven-year career, made one start for Detroit this season. He lasted just one inning and allowed five earned runs against the Angels on Aug. 7. To make room for Turner on the roster, RHP Zach McAllister was designated for assignment.

Twins: RHP Jake Odorizzi (5-7, 4.44) will face the Tigers on Sunday. In his last start, Odorizzi picked up his first win in five weeks by pitching into the sixth inning and striking out nine in a 5-2 win over the Pirates.

Justin Jackson Jersey (http://www.basketballofficialauthentic.com/nba-jerseys/orlando-magic/justin-jackson-jersey) ,