PDA

View Full Version : ok at something li

liny195
16.08.2018, 11:39
The chemistry between Anthony Davis and Rajon Rondo keeps blossoming to spectacular effect Authentic Albert Wilson Jersey (http://www.dolphinscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-albert-wilson-jersey) , infusing the New Orleans Pelicans with confidence as they head into the playoffs on a five-game winning streak.

”When he’s going, he’s got a high motor, pushing the basketball,” Davis said of Rondo. ”If we want shots, we have to run with him. He’s making sure we’re making the effort to get back into the offense and get some assists for him.”

Davis had 22 points, 15 rebounds, four blocks and three steals, Rondo had 19 points and 14 assists and the Pelicans captured the sixth seed in the Western Conference playoffs with a 122-98 victory over San Antonio on Wednesday night.

Rondo set up all three of Davis’ dunks – including a soaring roundhouse jam on a cut to the basket in the first half and a reverse alley-oop in the fourth quarter that drove the crowd wild.

LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker and Dejounte Murray each scored 11 points for the Spurs, who were already playoff bound but went to the locker room after their loss in New Orleans knowing they’d be at best a seventh seed, and that’s where they ended up. With his team struggling to keep pace with the Pelicans, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich pulled his regulars early in the fourth quarter, limiting all of his key players to fewer than 30 minutes on the court.

Popovich didn’t sound at all concerned about whether his club entered the playoffs with momentum.

”I think that is all psycho-babble,” he said. ”We have been on both ends of everything for all of these years, so, you just go play.”

Spurs veterans also downplayed their late-season stumbles, which included an eight-game road losing streak.

”We got in and now it is time to fine-tune things and try to get better http://www.cowboysauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jihad-ward-jersey ,” Aldridge said. ”There is no pressure on us, so we’ve just got go play and be better and just be locked in.”

Nikola Mirotic had 21 points and 15 rebounds, Jrue Holiday added 19 points and E’Twaun Moore added 13 points for the Pelicans, who led by double-digits throughout the second half, with their largest lead topping out at 25.

The Pelicans finished with 78 points in the paint and shot 59.1 percent (52 of 88). New Orleans also had 32 points on fast breaks, compared to 17 for the Spurs.

”In transition, with Rondo leading us, and A.D. running the floor, and we got E’Twaun on the wing and Niko shooting 3s – I feel like we’ve got a pretty good chance,” Holiday said.

TIP-INS

Spurs: Kyle Anderson and Bryn Forbes each scored 10 points. … Remained without Kawhi Leonard, who wound up playing in only nine games during the regular season because of a lingering right quadriceps injury. His availability for the playoffs remains unclear. … Finished 14-27 on the road, where they’ll start the playoffs.

Pelicans: Won the season series against San Antonio, 3-1. … Mirotic hasn’t scored fewer than 21 in any of New Orleans’ past five games. …. New Orleans’ 48 victories is the third most in franchise history, which officially dates back to the NBA’s return to the city in 2002-03. When Chris Paul played in New Orleans, the club won 56 games in 2007-08 and 49 in 2008-09.

GETTING SEPARATION

The game was competitive until 4:32 remained in the second quarter, when Pau Gasol sank a short turnaround to cut New Orleans’ lead to 42-39.

Soon after, New Orleans began clamping down on defense and ramping up its tempo in transition Authentic Robert Griffin III Jersey (http://www.baltimoreravensteamauthentic.com/robert-griffin-iii-jersey) , closing the second quarter on a 19-4 run that earned the Pelicans a standing ovation as they walked off the floor at halftime with a 61-43 lead.

Mirotic scored seven points during the spurt, all on layups set up by Rondo, including one as he was fouled by Gasol.

”We want to play fast. They want to play slow. We wanted to try to dictate the tempo of game and I thought we did that, especially in the second quarter,” Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said ”We got out and ran and had good ball movement.”

UP NEXT:

Spurs: Open the playoffs against defending champion and second seed Golden State.

Pelicans: Start their postseason in Portland.

Chanting through chattering teeth, Browns fans finally felt victorious.

Maybe the winless season wasn’t a total loss.

Thousands of disgruntled Cleveland fans, some of them calling for owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam to sell the franchise or jump in Lake Erie, paraded once around the team’s stadium in frigid conditions Saturday following a historic 0-16 season.

It was a protest and it was a party as fans showed their outrage and creativity following a season many would gladly forget.

Despite wind chills below zero, fans lined the street around FirstEnergy Stadium, which has been dubbed the ”Factory of Sadness” in recent years, to cheer as 80 vehicles, a rock band on a flatbed truck and a group carrying 28 tombstones to represent the team’s 28 starting quarterbacks since 1999, took a ”no victory” lap.

Cleveland police conservatively estimated the crowd at 3,200, and reported no major incidents or arrests.

This was frozen fun mixed with some fury.

”I’m here to protest,” said Patty Szylakowski, who grew up in a football-loving household with five brothers. ”We don’t deserve this. We deserve better people in the front office.

”We deserve better people coaching and we deserve better players. We’re buying Browns gear every year. We support them every year no matter what. Something has to be done and this is not a black eye on Cleveland.

”Every fan in all the NFL cities should be thinking about this. If they got crap like we did Authentic Jihad Ward Jersey (http://www.dallascowboysteamonline.com/jihad-ward-jersey) , they would be doing the same thing.”

That was the overriding sentiment among the frosted faithful who gathered on the sidewalks just feet away from a statue honoring legendary Browns running back Jim Brown.

This was a day for fans to express frustration at their football team, and most of the anger was aimed at the Haslams, who bought the team in 2012 but have been unable to produce the winner they’ve promised.

One fan held a sign that read: ”Jimmy and Dee Go Jump in the Lake.” Another carried by a fan dressed as a bishop said: ”Deliver us from Jimmy and Dee.”

The biting cold may have deterred some fans from attending, but it did nothing to curb Cleveland’s creativity or sarcasm.

Prompted by a fan with a bullhorn, one group of marchers chanted, ”What do we want? Watchable football. When do we want it? Now.” There were floats, a few of them with obscene themes, fans wearing paper bags on their heads, and a Big Bird wearing Johnny Manziel’s jersey. A band played John Mellencamp’s ”Hurts So Good,” a song that underscores the pain and passion Browns fans feel for a team whose glory days are long gone.

For Chris McNeil, the day was a triumph for Cleveland.

A season-ticket holder, McNeil became the event’s unintended organizer – and a pariah to some – when his sarcastic post on Twitter last season that the winless Browns ”deserve a parade” spawned a revolt by some Cleveland fans.

McNeil endured severe backlash by fans who felt he was only embarrassing a city that has taken its share of shots over the years.

”No fights, no violence,” he said as the parade unfolded. ”I didn’t have to wear a flak jacket, none of that would reflect badly upon us. I don’t think anybody’s looking at this thing and going, `look at these idiot Clevelanders who are celebrating 0-16′. I don’t think that’s the message. This is a clear message to those people (the Haslams) inside the building. That’s who we were looking for.”

For obvious reasons, none of Cleveland’s players attended the event.

However Josey Jewell Jersey Broncos (http://www.broncoscheapauthenticstore.com/josey-jewell-jersey-cheap) , defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah posted a message on Twitter critical of anyone who went.

”That parade is a joke,” he wrote. ”Don’t call yourself a true browns fan if you go to that thing! Going 0-16 was embarrassing enough as a player. That is like adding fuel to the fire and it is completely wrong!”

McNeil’s only goal was to give Browns fans a voice. He felt he had done just that.

”This stuff matters in this town,” said McNeil, who is donating nearly $15,000 raised for the event to the Cleveland Food Bank. ”That’s why I care about this stuff. I almost get choked up when I think about it, because people don’t realize that. You go to other markets, and people enjoy their teams and I get that. But there’s a connection here where it’s like family. And to see something like the Browns be bad, it’s easy for me to make jokes, it’s either you do that or you cry.

”But then you look at something like this and you say, `Man, we had this. In the `80s, this is when you’d leave a ballgame. I remember that. As a kid I’d be sitting in the backseat people honking, people yelling. You’d see that all the time after wins. To get that, we have to create this parade. It just says so much about the character of this city, the character of the people here.

”This is all positive and fun.”